We seek enthusiastic and motivated individuals who have a passion for working with children and have a desire to develop as a leader. Hidden Pines is committed to providing staff with opportunities to develop skills and experiences necessary for future careers. Our staff members will gain experience in creativity, collaboration, adaptability, problem solving, communication and more. Click here to learn more about what it means to be a part of our staff community.
Staff members will enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, competitive pay, most evenings and weekends free and strong friendships fueled by a shared desire to offer kids a life-changing summer experience.
Staff are hired for age specific program areas but have opportunities throughout the day to interact will all ages of campers (see our Programs tab for a description of each area)
Hidden Pines Ranch employs approximately 50 staff members each season for a variety of positions:
- Counselors (work with kindergarten – 10th grade): 18+/minimum high school graduate by start of the camp season.
- Program Specialist Counselors have their own camper groups in addition to leading a program area such as STEM, Art, Sports, Canoeing, Archery, Tennis, Music and Team Building (work with kindergarten – 10th grade): 18+/minimum high school graduate by start of the camp season
- Co-Horse Directors (work with kindergarten – 10th grade): 18+/minimum high school graduate by start of the camp season
- Junior Counselors: 16+ by the start of our camp season/entering 11th or 12th grade
- Wranglers (help with riding): 16+ by the start of our camp season/entering 11th grade or higher
- Internship: We have worked with staff to turn their summer experience with us into an internship opportunity to meet their program and graduation requirements. Past counselors have completed internships with us related to recreation administration, marketing, social media, event planning, community outreach and more. Please contact us to learn more.
- Minimum: High School Graduate (college experience is preferred)
- Desire and ability to work and play with children in an outdoor setting (prior experience working with children is strongly preferred)
- Ability to teach various activities
- Ability to put campers first
- Character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and patience are all taken into consideration before hiring
If you are searching for a leadership development opportunity, we would love to talk with you!
2021 Staff Schedule:
TBD: Saturday in May (staff planning day)
Thursday, June 3rd: Staff Training Kick-Off in the evening
Friday, June 4th: Staff Training
Saturday, June 5th: Open House (11:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Monday, June 7th – Staff Training
Tuesday, June 8th: Staff Training
Wednesday, June 9th – Friday, August 6th: Camp is in session*
Friday, August 6th: Staff Banquet
Monday, August 9th – Friday, August 13th: Optional Additional Week to Work Extension Camp (this as an additional week campers are able to add on, we run at about half capacity)
*HPR is closed Monday, July 5th
Hidden Pines Ranch Diversity Equity and Inclusion Statement
Hidden Pines Ranch believes in the dignity and the intrinsic worth of every human being. We welcome, affirm, and support young people and adults of all abilities, disabilities, experiences, races, ethnicities, immigration or citizenship status, socio-economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions, religion and non-religion, and any other category people use to define themselves or others.
At Hidden Pines Ranch Everyone Is Welcome