We seek enthusiastic and motivated individuals who have a passion for working with children and have a desire to develop as a leader. Hidden Pines is committed to providing staff with opportunities to develop skills and experiences necessary for future careers. Our staff members will gain experience in creativity, collaboration, adaptability, problem solving, communication and more.
Staff members will enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, competitive pay, most evenings and weekends free and strong friendships fueled by a shared desire to offer kids a life-changing summer experience.
Staff are hired for age specific program areas but have opportunities throughout the day to interact will all ages of campers (see Programs section for a description of each area)
Hidden Pines Ranch employs approximately 45 staff members for each season.
We have openings in the following specific areas:
- Counselors (work with kindergarten – 10th grade): 18+/minimum high school graduate by start of the camp season.
- Program Specialist Counselors have their own camper groups in addition to leading a program area such as STEM, Art, Sports, Canoeing, Archery, Tennis, Music and Team Building (work with kindergarten – 10th grade): 18+/minimum high school graduate by start of the camp season
- Co-Horse Directors (work with kindergarten – 10th grade): 18+/minimum high school graduate by start of the camp season
- Ciqala Counselors: 15+/entering 11th or 12th grade in the Fall of 2019
- Wranglers (help with riding): 15+/entering 11th grade or higher
- Internship Opportunities: We have worked with staff to turn their summer experience with us into an internship opportunity to meet their program and graduation requirements. Past counselors have completed internships with us related to marketing, social media, event planning, community outreach and more. Please contact us to learn more.
- Minimum: High School Graduate (college experience is preferred)
- Desire and ability to work and play with children in an outdoor setting (prior experience working with children is strongly preferred)
- Ability to teach various activities
- Ability to put campers first, peers second
- Character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control are all taken into consideration before hiring
If you are searching for leadership development opportunity, we would love to talk with you!
2019 Staff Schedule:
Thursday, May 30th: Staff Kick-Off Event (4 – 8 p.m.)
Friday, May 31st: Staff Training (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Saturday, June 1st: Open House (11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.)
Monday, June 3rd – Tuesday, June 4th: Staff Training (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Wednesday, June 5th – Friday, August 2nd: Camp Sessions
Friday, August 2nd: Staff Banquet
Monday, August 5th – Friday, August 9th: Optional Additional Week to Work Extension Camp
*HPR is closed Thursday, July 4th and Friday, July 5th