We seek enthusiastic and motivated individuals who have a passion for working with children and have a desire to develop as a leader. Hidden Pines is committed to providing staff with opportunities to develop skills and experiences necessary for future careers. Our staff members will gain experience in creativity, collaboration, adaptability, problem solving, communication and more.
Staff members will enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment, competitive pay, most evenings and weekends free and strong friendships fueled by a shared desire to offer kids a life-changing summer experience.
Staff are hired for age specific program areas but have opportunities throughout the day to interact will all ages of campers (see our Programs tab for a description of each area)
Hidden Pines Ranch employs approximately 45 staff members each season for a variety of positions:
- Counselors (work with kindergarten – 10th grade): 18+/minimum high school graduate by start of the camp season.
- Program Specialist Counselors have their own camper groups in addition to leading a program area such as STEM, Art, Sports, Canoeing, Archery, Tennis, Music and Team Building (work with kindergarten – 10th grade): 18+/minimum high school graduate by start of the camp season
- Co-Horse Directors (work with kindergarten – 10th grade): 18+/minimum high school graduate by start of the camp season
- Junior Counselors: 15+/entering 11th or 12th grade in the Fall of 2019
- Wranglers (help with riding): 15+/entering 11th grade or higher
- Internship: We have worked with staff to turn their summer experience with us into an internship opportunity to meet their program and graduation requirements. Past counselors have completed internships with us related to recreation administration, marketing, social media, event planning, community outreach and more. Please contact us to learn more.
- Minimum: High School Graduate (college experience is preferred)
- Desire and ability to work and play with children in an outdoor setting (prior experience working with children is strongly preferred)
- Ability to teach various activities
- Ability to put campers first, peers second
- Character, integrity, adaptability, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and patience are all taken into consideration before hiring
If you are searching for leadership development opportunity, we would love to talk with you!
2020 Staff Schedule:
Thursday, June 4th: Staff Kick-Off Event (5 – 8 p.m.)
Friday, June 5th: Staff Training (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Saturday, June 6th: Open House (11:00 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Monday, June 8th – Staff Training (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Tuesday, June 9th: Staff Training (8 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
Wednesday, June 10th – Friday, August 7th: Camp is in session*
Friday, August 7th: Staff Banquet
Monday, August 10th – Friday, August 14th: Optional Additional Week to Work Extension Camp
*HPR is closed Friday, July 3rd