DELIVERING A SAFE CAMP EXPERIENCE
We are gearing up for a safe and healthy summer. We are committed to running our day camp program in 2021. Registration for our 2021 summer day camp sessions is underway for our 2020 registered campers. New camper registration will begin February 8th at 8am. Please visit our Registration Tab for more specific registration information.
We have been actively collaborating with the Minnesota Health Department (MDH), the American Camp Association, industry experts, medical professions and camps across the country to determine the best path forward for our summer programming. The health and safety of our campers, their families, our staff and community at large is our priority. We will continue to update health and safety information as we plan for our upcoming season.
Hidden Pines Ranch is committed to following the Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 Prevention Guidance for Youth and Student Programming. These guidelines were updated on 1/7/21. Please continue to check back to this page as we monitor these guidelines. We anticipate that they will be updated again as we approach summer. Here are additional resources provided to us regarding best practices for confirmed cases and virus prevention:
- COVID-19 Decision Tree for People in Schools, Youth, and Child Care Programs (PDF) (state.mn.us)
- What To Do When Notified of a Lab-Confirmed Case of COVID-19 in Child Care Settings or Youth Programs (PDF) (state.mn.us)
- American Camp Association COVID-19 Resource Center
- ACA COVID-19 Field Guide for Camps
PRIMARY COMPONENTS OF A SAFE SUMMER
Throughout our 37 year history, Hidden Pines Ranch’s primary focus has been delivering a safe and fun experience for campers and staff. Summer 2021 will call for additional considerations in the areas of health and safety as guided by the requirements of our local and state health departments. Given these additional safety measures, some aspects of summer 2021 will look and feel different. It is our goal to maintain the spirit and traditions of a Hidden Pines Ranch experience where campers will benefit from being kids again – building connections, playing outdoors and spending time with peers in a fun and safe way.
Closer to the summer, we will release our detailed COVID-19 Safety Guide.
Here are some key elements and main considerations of our safety planning:
- Our 27-acre site allows for a natural advantage to provide open-air, outdoor activities and allows for physical distancing amongst groups
- We will be grouping campers into co-horts with similar age peers
- Daily home and camp health screenings
- Implementation of required use of face coverings
- Physical distancing
- Increased availability and implementation of handwashing and sanitizing procedures
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols/schedules
- Additional activity supplies and equipment to diminish common touch surfaces
- Extensive staff training in safety procedures and best practices including specific education related to COVID-19
- Camp-wide signage to reinforce safety procedures and hygiene
- Regular open communication between camp and home
- Applying the necessary COVID-19 public health protocols should a case of infection be identified
- Working closely with the Minnesota Health Department before and during camp
REFUND / CANCELLATION POLICY
While we were hopeful that early 2021 would bring more certainty to the year that lies ahead, we are fully aware that we continue to live in a world that is still significantly impacted by the pandemic. We will remain responsive to the ever-evolving state of the pandemic, as well as the guidelines provided by the CDC and MN Health Department (MDH).
It has always been our goal to partner and work together with you to determine if our summer program is the most suitable for your child. When you choose to enroll your child at Hidden Pines Ranch you are reserving space, time, supplies and staffing. There is full refund policy until March 1st, with an increase as we get closer to the summer which allows us to properly prepare and make plans for the summer. It is our hope that it provides you with the peace-of-mind that payments are not due in full until May 15th. Click here to read more about our cancellation policy.
Once camp begins, it is our policy that no refunds or credits will be given for any incidental absences or missed days. However, in the event that a camper is required to stay home from camp due to COVID-19, the following policies will apply:
1) Parent informs camp of child’s close contact results from outside of camp
-No refund or credit will be provided
2) Hidden Pines Ranch informs camper/family of need to quarantine
– 1, 2, or 3 days we will provide a credit for our 2022 camp season for the per day cost of the days missed
– 4 or more days missed
- Option 1: If there is room in your campers group, in an upcoming session that they are not already signed up for, they can be enrolled in that session to make up their missed camp days.
- Option 2: If there isn’t room in their group, in an upcoming session OR they are unable to attend another session for any reason, we will provide a credit for our 2022 camper season for the per day cost of all missed days. This credit stays with the family account, not the specific camper.
- In extenuating circumstances, such as a graduating LIT(Leader In Training) without younger siblings to utilize a 2022 credit, considerations of a shared cost refund will be considered on a per case basis.
WE’RE JUST A PHONE CALL OR EMAIL AWAY!
At Hidden Pines Ranch, we pride ourselves in communicating with families in a transparent, thoughtful, and thorough manner. We remain committed to open dialogue and communication with families every step of the way.
Rest assured that we will continue to keep families well informed leading up to Summer 2021. Information sharing as it relates to health and safety will be a priority, and we can’t wait to also share updates about all of the camp fun that we are so eager and excited to return to.
We are always happy to discuss any questions or concerns you have about the upcoming summer. Feel free to reach out to us at 651-430-1282 or by email at email@example.com
We are grateful for your trust and support as we navigate these challenging times.
We hosted information sessions via zoom for new and returning families on January 19th, 2021. If you were unable to attend the returning family session or would like to read more about the questions submitted during the Q & A portion you can read more here: 2021 Parent Information Session FAQ’s
Below is a video recording of the new family information session via zoom: